|Please help improve this article by expanding it. Further information might be found on the talk page.|
In lightsaber combat, shiim was a more minute wound to an opponent by the edge of a lightsaber's blade. It was considered inferior and a sign of desperation or struggle against a potent enemy. However, in use by a lightsaber master, this was regarded as either a taunt by a superior enemy or an immobilizing technique to stop a foe.
While dueling with Darth Bane on Tython, Jedi Knight Johun Othone scored a successful shiim strike against the Dark Lord by slashing through a gap in his orbalisk armor at his exposed wrist, cutting him deeply.
Galen Marek was heavily scarred from the numerous shiim applications he inadvertently received from Darth Vader's missed attacks during their sparring matches.
The Jedi Knight Jacen Solo used this on Jedi Knight Nelani Dinn when he cut her on the inner thigh making her unable to stand, as he explained his motives before executing her on his path to becoming Darth Caedus.
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- Star Wars Republic: The Dreadnaughts of Rendili
- Star Wars Republic: Trackdown
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Inferno (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Legacy 13: Ready to Die
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Darth Bane: Rule of Two
- ↑ Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- ↑ Star Wars Republic: Trackdown
- ↑ Star Wars Republic: The Dreadnaughts of Rendili
- ↑ The Force Unleashed (novel)
- ↑ Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Betrayal
- ↑ Sacrifice
- ↑ Star Wars Legacy 13: Ready to Die