In lightsaber combat, sai was a jump used by Jedi and other Force-users to evade an attack directed at the legs. The Force was the main backbone of the strength, height, and speed at which the jump was executed. The combatant could then strike downwards, using the fall as a fulcrum for more power, as demonstrated by Darth Vader during his duel with Roan Shryne.
Count Dooku utilized a sai during his duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi on Geonosis, flourishing his blade to drive back Kenobi as he landed.
Another of Dooku's utilizations of the sai was during a sparring match with General Grievous, where he leapt high and flipped in mid-air to avoid a particularly brutal strike unleashed by the cyborg.
Behind the ScenesEdit
The word 'sai' is the name of a three-pronged dagger that originated in Japan.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- The Unifying Force
- Star Wars Legacy 31: Vector, Part 12